Monday, November 2, 2009

Summer Palace Presentation




Being in the discussion group for Summer Palace was quite a challenge. Our first obstacle? We had to manage to actually see the movie! I finally found a copy and we organized a day to watch in the library. Only about ½ of us were able to make it, but it enabled us to start. Those of us who watched figured out areas to begin working on; I focused on coming up with discussion questions along with figuring out what scenes of the movie to show versus what to skip, since we were made aware that there wasn’t time for the class to watch the film in its entirety. When we were coming up on a week till our original presentation date, I sent out an e-mail, suggesting a way to organize the remaining work. Most of the group let me know that they appreciated my attempt to get the ball rolling, and most importantly, it opened up an e-mail dialogue with all of us that really allowed us to communicate with relative efficiency. I also took my discussion topics and combined them with the questions, topics, and quotes that were come up with by other members of my group and merged them into a somewhat linear list that corresponded with the scenes we planned on showing and sent it to Brittani to put into our PowerPoint.

All in all I would say that the project was a successful one. Our group was talented and diverse, and as a result I believe our presentation was well-rounded and interesting. I only wish we had a longer class period and could have shown the entire film from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment